Tuesday, October 13, 2009

31 week appointment!!

31 weeks 1 day...

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday, Crystal's 4th birthday, and I'm glad to say everything is going good. The people in the ultrasound weren't the friendliest I've ever met...but that wasn't going to get me down. I was a little sad that Jeremy had the day off and him and Crystal came down and they wouldn't let Crystal back to see the ultrasound...even though I was back there for less than 10 mins (the ultrasound was suppose to take 20-25 mins).

Clay weighed 3lbs. 8 oz. and is right on track for his weight/gestational age. His HR was 134 BPM. They did biophysical profiling which keeps track of his weight, blood flow, and other stuff. He got an 8/8 which is a perfect score!! I hope things keep going good and continues to get 8/8's!! He actually didn't have his hand or arm in his face this time either...so we got a little better look @ his little face!! He really looks alot like Crystal!!

Then I went to see my doctor. We had a 2 hour wait (which is why I don't like afternoon appointments). But everything went good there too. I gained 2 lbs (up to 14 lbs now). My BP was 108/58. I informed them that I was not taking the seasonal flu vaccine but I would take the H1N1 vaccine (since we don't have antibodies for that one). Dr. Ramsey told me the ultrasound report looked really good...but the tech didn't check for knots like she was suppose to (which is why my US was soooo short) but she said that w/the blood flow reports she really doubted there was any. They are still going to keep a close eye on things and are suppose to check Mon. @ my next appointment for knots. I will make sure to remind the tech of that ;-)

I knew I was nervous about this appointment but I didn't realize how mentally exhausting it was making me because afterwards I felt a huge relief off my shoulders and then just wanted to sleep because my body was so much more relaxed.

Here is his 3D pic. His forehead isn't really that big...it was the angle the tech was at to get the picture. That is placenta that is up against his nose and mouth. And it looks like he's frowning!!! I'm calling this him practicing his "mean look"...lol!! I told Bethany (Jeremy's sister) that him and Grant (one of Bethany's twins) are going to be buddies because they both seem laid back and Grant does the "mean look" to people which makes him look soooo cute and you can't help but laugh. So when I saw this pic...that was the 1st thing I thought of!!

His profile.



He was showing off his man hood...still a little boy!!



He was moving in this one but it's suppose to be his profile again.
I got back on Monday (10/19...I think). It's another afternoon appointment...so I'll get pictures up asap. I'll get another ultrasound w/the profiling and hope to get more pictures!!! I don't think they are going to check his weight...but just depends on the tech I have...I hope it's not the one I had this Monday. It doesn't matter how my day goes...just as long as I hear his little heart beating and they tell me he's still doing perfect :-)
Thanks everybody for all the prayers...they are helping and I just take things day by day and know that we've got a lot of people praying of us & Clay. We are now down to less than 2 months until he gets here...so continue sending those prayers!!!



1 comment:

  1. i agree that the appointments are mentally exhausting!

    glad mr. clay cooperated and everything is going well though!

    ReplyDelete