Saturday, October 3, 2009

1st Deer Kill in the Lance Household!

29 weeks 6 days...

So the 2009 deer season has started off pretty good for the Lance household! Tonight (the 3 days of bow season) Jeremy shot a doe w/his bow. He's pretty happy cause it's his 2nd bow kill ever and his 1st w/his new bow.

I think he said she was about 28 yards out. His 1st shot spined her but she dropped instantly but had to put another arrow in (which was a perfect shot through the lungs and heart). So needless to say he's excited!! I'm not bow hunting this year because I've become addicting to sitting in a tree stand (you can see sooooo much more!!) and me and my feet being off the ground and shooting probably is not a good combination. However I think tomorrow (Sunday) night I am going to go out w/Jeremy and take my video camera to see what I can shoot with that...lol!
Crystal was really excited to see Jeremy's deer too...she told him she can't wait to go hunting with him...and he can't wait for that day either!! It's kind of funny cause the 1st thing she asked was whether the deer was a boy or girl and then the next question she wanted to know was where he shot the deer. She didn' t want to know the location...but where on the deer did the arrow go through...lol...that's our future little outdoors woman!!
In other exciting news...I go to the doctor on Monday...can't wait to see how Clay's doing. He gave me a little scare this morning because he wasn't kicking as big as usual. Well...I think he had turned and had his legs to the inside of me which would make since why I wasn't feeling the big kicks. I guess he decided to turn back the other way cause he's been going to town w/the kicking! But that's ok...I'll take that everyday and 1st thing in the morning...it's a great feeling to wake up to!!
What else...we've been cleaning the house, barn, and yard getting ready for Crystal's bday party next Saturday (10/10). She's looking forward to it...but I can't believe our little girl is going to be 4 years old!!!
That's all for now...I'll updated after my doctor's appointment on Monday w/good news (hopefully and keeping all fingers crossed) :-)

1 comment:

  1. ryan usually goes to my uncle's hunting cabin on opening weekend for bow and gun- but anyway, last year after opening weekend he came home w/ no deer and brycen just bawled! it was hilarious, but it made ryan happy that he was so into it.

    i can't believe you only have 8 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete