Wednesday, May 27, 2009

11 week doctor's appointment

11 weeks 3 days...

I had my 2nd doctor's appointment yesterday and everything went really good. I got to see the baby on US and it appeared to be laying on it's side napping. It's HR was 180 bpm. I have gained 2 lbs...which I contribute that to the lack of going #2 the whole weekend because my butt apparently doesn't like unfamiliar toilets...lol!!! Plus not to mention all the food we ate!!!

I went by myself (Crystal was w/me too). Crystal did soooo good and was soooo excited to play w/the toys in the doc. office.

So 1st I had to meet w/a nutritionist. That went pretty good until I had to do a run down of what I had to eat the day before. It was alright until I got to the 1 cup of banana pudding and 2 cups of dirt pudding...and then another 1/2 cup of banana pudding for supper that night! So she asked me about any of the other days that weekend and I told her this past weekend was a bad weekend to judge my eating habits (it was a holiday weekend after all!!). So I gave her a rundown of what I thought I'd probably on a normal day and that went over much better. I think I passed and got an "A".

Then it was off to see Dr. Ramsey. When the nurse weighed me she said I had only gained 2 lbs. (which I was shocked because I feel like there was much more!). Then I got into talking about how I hadn't been able to go to the bathroom since Friday because we had been camping and my butt apparently didn't like the toilet seats...if you know what I mean. (I know I'm not the only one out there w/this problem...just probably the only one who's crazy enough to talk about it!) So we agreed that since I was literally "full of crap" that is where my 2 lbs. was coming from...lol! I always have a blast in there! My BP was 114/58. I was given the ok to be able to take something for my allergies...just try to not take it everyday.

Then Dr. Ramsey came in and we got a quick peek @ the baby. Like I said it must had been napping but it's little heart was pumping away...which I was soooo glad to see. My next appointment is June 24th @ 1230pm. Jeremy's mom and sister are going w/me. Then either July 14/15/16 we get to hopefully find out what the baby is. It's during shutdown so Jeremy won't have to take any days off! Plus it'll be right before we leave to go to St. Louis so I'm hoping to get Crystal, the baby, and our little nephews all matching Cardinals outfits...how cute!!!!

So another good appointment down...and hopefully lots more to come. I would like for everybody to keep Brian, Ashley, & Trish (their little 2 yr. old daughter) Douglas from Princeton, IN in your thoughts and prayers. Jeremy and Brian are good friends and they just lost their little boy on Saturday. The story goes is that they knew the baby was going to have to have surgery because it's stomach was too high up...so the surgery was going to bring it down and inflate one of his lungs. So she was going to have him @ Riley's hospital. Her water broke on it's own ( I think she was only a couple of days away from her due date) and because of all of his organs being pushed up too high they couldn't see that one of his heart valves had a hole in it. I don't know if he wasn't strong enough for the surgery to repair that or what...but he passed at only being 2 days old. When I heard about that my heart broke into pieces and my mind went back to that moment they told me Mason was gone. I feel horrible for that family and I hope Ashley can find somebody to talk to and connect with who has gone through this because it really helps. So please pray for them because they need it.

That's all for now...keep checking back for more updates!!

<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog. I didn't know about Ashley and Brian losing the baby. We will definitly be praying for them. Grow Baby Grow!!

    ReplyDelete