Sunday, May 17, 2009

Double Digits!

10 weeks...

So much has gone on in this past week I don't know where to start. I guess I'll just start w/ Monday:

Nothing much went on...other than me and Crystal went to work and then hung out @ home the rest of the day and played. I did get her new Jumpstart preschool CD onto the computer and she loves it! Now I can never get her off of my computer...but she's learning lots of stuff...so it's all good!

Tuesday - I think this was the day that I got a call from my doctor saying on my lab tests my thyroid came back a little low and she was going to call in a med. for me to take. She called me having "sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I thought "ok...not big deal" until I got on the computer and started looking stuff up. I was just curious. Well...BIG MISTAKE!!! So I called my doctor back up and started asking all sorts of questions and just what could happen. She told me that my #'s were in normal range...but for a pregnancy they were considered a little low and the medicine would help boost it a little. She assured me everything was ok and I didn't need to worry and if I wanted to come down just to check out the baby I was more than welcomed. I wanted to go down there...but I knew things were ok w/the baby because I've still been a little sickly in the morning. She said every month they will draw blood and check my level just to keep an eye on it. Now I know what my mamaw feels like when she has to take all those medicines!! I have to take this thyroid pill 1st thing in the am w/a full glass of water and not eat anything for 1 hr. afterwards. Then I can't take any other meds within 4 hrs of taking that so I have to take my 2 prenatal vitamins in the afternoon. On top of all of that I'm suppose to be checking my blood sugar once a day. But I'm not complaining because I wanted this and I want a good and healthy baby so I'll do whatever is needed :-)

Wednesday - 1st...I got to start that lovely thyroid med and felt horrible the whole day because I didn't get to eat 1st thing when I woke up. And my allergies and sinuses were HORRIBLE so I just wanted to sleep all day...but couldn't do that. I survived until Jeremy got home and gladly handed Crystal duty over to him and sat in the recliner the rest of the night and went to bed @ 8pm. That was a rough day!

Thursday - Felt much better :-) Me and Crystal went outside and played and enjoyed the nice warm weather.

Friday - Jeremy was off work so we went fishing w/his mom and dad @ Oakland City's new lake. Us girls caught nothing...but the guys did. Nethertheless it was a great day and relaxing. We were suppose to go camping but decided not to because of storms that were heading our way. I was sooooo beat that night that I only got up 1 time to go pee in the middle of the night (that's good...usually it's 3-4 times!!)

Saturday - We went to the river and cleaned out the shed from our old river camp. I think we are officially NOT tied to that thing anymore!!! It's sad to leave from down there...but there is a whole new crowd of people down there and it just doesn't feel the same. Our river spot use to be a place to go to and relax and sit back...but the past couple of years you have people who want to mooch off you coming to your door every 5 mins, people flying down a dead end road, and only god knows what kinds of drugs are coming down there now. It's sad because we use to love going down there and now I don't feel safe there anymore. So RIP to our river camp! Saturday night we went to Evansville to eat @ Logan's. I was really looking forward to eating a nice juicy steak (which I did get) but apparently this baby doesn't like for me to eat. I took 6 bites of steak and 1/2 of my baked potato and was full!!!! Then we went to Chucky Cheese for Crystal to play some games. There the baby decided to use my bladder as a trampoline because I peed 5 times in 1 1/2 hours!! Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory to look for a baby book. I wanted to get a neutral one and get started on it. They had some really cute ones...but they only went up to the 1st birthday and I want one that goes to 5th birthday. So I'll either have to wait until we find out what we are having or search else where. Then we came home and piled into our bed and watched Madagascar 2. Crystal & I were asleep within 20 mins.

Sunday - We went to Jeremy's grandma's house for her bday. I think she's 77 years. old. She loved seeing Crystal and Grant and Gabe. Which by the way made my day cause I got to see those 2 little guys! I haven't seen them for a whole week!! I love playing w/them!

Now we are at home and then sun is going down. It's about time for me to retire to some comfy pj's & the couch and lay back and relax. Oh and whoever ordered this chilly weather should be beat!!!! It's freezing outside! Can't wait for summer time and swimming pools and the whole thing!

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a good week/weekend. i hate when i look something up on the internet and it scares me to death. that has happened to me a few times!

    i still have to email you back soon!

    i like the baby books that go to 5 yrs too. i have those for B & A. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for swimming pools. you'll just have to ignore my nasty postpartum belly.lol. But it should be fun. I told crystal to come up when its warmer and that was prolly a mistake, cuz then she wanted pappy to spray her with the hose. lol. Glad you are feeling better. You should be getting your insides stretched out a lil more in the 2nd trimester so that you can eat your whole juicy steak. then the 3rd you wont be able to eat hardly anything again because there will really be NO room in there. so enjoy it in the coming weeks before its gone again. :) see ya!

    ReplyDelete