Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day fun!!

11 weeks 2 days...

Our Memorial day was PACKED w/lots of fun and traveling. Here's how it went.

Thursday: I took Crystal to the spray park in Princeton. She (as you can tell) had a blast! She played in the water for almost 2 1/2 hrs! The best part is it is free! We'll be there alot this summer!

Trying to get out the water circle before it gets too high!
Filling up her water bucket


Her new friend (she forgot to get her name). They had fun catching the water in cups!
Then on Friday we went to a cookout and welcome home party for a friend of Jeremy's. Jeremy hadn't seen him for almost 6 years so he was excited to talk to him again. Afterwards he took me and Crystal home and we went to bed and Jeremy and Jason (his friend) got together and hung out for the night.
Then on Saturday we left to go camping. Jeremy has a friend that has 5 acres on Rough River in KY. It's about 50 miles southeast of Owensboro. That was a very interesting day. We TRIED to leave @ 9am. Got down the road and the truck's info area was saying there wasn't any trailer brakes (we were pulling our camper). So Jeremy got out and tried to clean the plug and still nothing. So we turned around and stopped @ my mom and dad's house. Jeremy & my dad messed around w/things for about 45 mins and came to the conclusion that the plug in on the truck wasn't putting out anything. So...we took the camper home and unloaded it. Then Jeremy thinks about checking the fuses. BINGO...we had blown a fuse for the trailer connection. So we load the camper back up and head that way. We stopped @ Ft. Branch to get some $$$ out of the ATM and discovered one of the camper tires was blown and all tangled up in the axle. Keep in mind that this is about 11:30am and it was heating up outside! So I called one of my friend's and her husband came to help Jeremy put the spare tire on. After that...we are FINALLY on the road. We got down there @ around 3pm. We got everything set up and got the water hooked up. Then we found out the hot water heater was leaking. So we drained it. THEN we noticed around the toilet was leaking. Jeremy pulled that up to find the ring around it was no good. Luckily where we were staying @ had a bathroom and shower we could use. I was keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else would happen because I was mentally drained! We did have a good time and left the camper down there because we are going back June 12-14 for our anniversary.


Here is Crystal & Ally. They were BFF's by the end of our camping trip!


Here is Crystal, Avery, Ally, and Eric (Avery & Ally's dad) taking them for a ride on the golf cart. They all loved that.
Sunday was good...we sat around and ate too much! Then we had to leave Sunday night to come home. I can't wait to go back down and hopefully nothing will go wrong!
Monday was Jeremy's mom's side family reunion @ Henderson, KY. Once again we ate too much but had fun visiting. By Monday...I had no brain left. I was sooooo wore out and tired all I wanting to do was sleep.


Here is Crystal and Abby sharing the umbrella. We had a couple of down pours...but the kids loved playing in them.
Hope everybody had a fun weekend and I'm working on my blog for my doctor's appointment that I had today. I didn't have time or the energy to do 2 of them in one day...but I'll have that one up in a couple of days.





1 comment:

  1. some friends of ours also have property at rough river! we went down there last august when i was bout 7 weeks pregnant w/ Andon i think. it was a lot of fun.

    srry about the bad luck you had on your way down though, that's a bummer!

    petersburg park also has a spray park that brycen loves. it is a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete