Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mark the Date...December 15th!!

8 weeks 3 days...

So today was the big day!! I thought my morning sickness had been bad these past couple of days...but oh boy was it HORRIBLE today...well actually just the morning but I think my nerves had 99.999% to play in that!

So like I've said before...today has been 6 months to the date that we lost Mason. So naturally I knew I would be a little nervous...but not as bad as I was. It's a bad feeling when you've got 40 mins to get the Newburgh and every 3 mins you think you need to pull over to puke. That's how I felt this morning. I did make it down there...just on time...and NO pulling over to get sick :-) I told Jeremy I wasn't going to let my nerves make me sick.

So we get down there and have 2 mins before my app. and we have to park in Egypt and walk in the rain. YAY FUN!! So I get up there and sit and wait. I'm about to pee down my leg and get sick all over the place because my nerves were really kicking in. Finally they called my name. I get in the room (my mom and Crystal were w/me) and she tells me to go empty my bladder cause they are going to a vaginal US. I don't think anybody has ever been excited to have one of these done as I was because all I wanted to see was a beating heart. And for the record it didn't hurt or feel as uncomfortable as I thought it would.

So she starts the US and the 1st thing I'm looking for a that little heart pumping away...and sure enough...we saw it and heard it!!! 164 BPM. It sounded soooo strong and was loud. Finally my nerves calmed down & I felt soooo much better! She took measurements and the baby is right on track w/everything. We even got a little wiggle out of it...that was soooo cute!!! Just as long as it doesn't run around in there like a race track...a little wiggle here and there and kicks will please me! She said she could tell this egg came from my R. ovary which is kind of unique because w/all the trying w/all 3 kids I have never had any luck getting pregnant when I ovulated from my R. side.

After that was over I headed to the lab and had about 1/2 of my blood sucked out me (not really but it felt like it!). My blood pressure was 112/58. Then it was off to see Dr. Ramsey. I talked to her for about 25 mins and she told me everything they would do this time. Here's just a quick run down for ya:

1. Appointments every 3 weeks instead of 4
2. US every appointment (she has US machines in her rooms)
3. US and non-stress tests starting @ 26 weeks and to the doctor every 2 weeks .
4. HB monitor for my personal use starting @ 26 weeks that I can take home w/me. She's going to teach me how to use it and what to listen for, for any signs of distress.
5. An open door to the office for an US whenever I feel like I "just need to see".
6. Considered high risk...mainly for insurance reasons.
7. No major restrictions just yet...other than no excessive bumpiness (is that even a word...lol), no heavy lifting, no over-head reaching, and plenty of relaxing and resting!

She is such a great doctor...she told me that if I could she'd let me live w/her for the last couple of months because she's less than a mile from the hospital and she'd hook me up to any machines I wanted...lol! She also said that I was a brave person going through what I did and wanting to try for another baby. I told her that I think Crystal deserves to have a sibling and I'll do anything to make that happen. She said I put a new definition to the word "strong" because to have gone through all of that w/Mason and not fallen into depression...especially post-partum depression takes a lot of faith, will, determination, and trust. I told her I was putting all of that into God hands and just pray that he'll make this dream come true. I told her that I felt like I couldn't be mad because what I experienced w/Mason before he passed was beautiful and wonderful and I couldn't be mad for God giving me him no matter how his life ended. I love my doctor!!

So here's a few photos...hope you enjoy!! Next appointment is May 26 (Tuesday) @ 10am.


We I got to hear and see the HB...which was 164 BPM.
Our little wiggle bean!!

I think she said it measured a little under 1/2 inch.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kali! I can't imagine going through what you've been through. We're keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! YOU BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES WITH THAT LAST PARAGRAPH ABOUT MASON. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I FEEL SO CONNECTED TO HIM. I FEEL LIKE HE IS A VERY SPECIAL PART OF MY LIFE, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH TIME PASSES, HE ALWAYS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AND JUST AS REAL AND LOVED AS HE EVER WAS. ::sigh:: I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete