Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Mom's Bday+ KY Lake =Tons of Fun!!!

21 weeks 2 days...

For my mom's bday I started a tradition last year where I would take her to KY Lake for the day and let her pick where we went, what we did, and where we ate and I would pay for most of it. I think it's a pretty good idea because it's hard to buy for people who have everything...lol!!! I I was hoping to plan an actual camping trip over the weekend w/the whole family...but that didn't work out. So this year we left bright and early and headed down. It was me, Crystal, my mom, & cousin Natalie. It was a great trip...no accidents, trips to a medical center or to Walmart because of forgetting something. Crystal was sooo excited and couldn't wait to go swimming, mom & Natalie couldn't wait to get out on a boat and cruise the lake, and I couldn't wait to swim and relax w/friends. This picture is taken on the bridge that goes over the dam. This is the main body of the lake. All you see is water for miles and miles!!!


We went to the camp ground we use to camp at when we took our family vacations...Big Bear. I was reminded that 16 years ago we met this amazing family "The Wagners" and have kept in touch w/them ever since. People grow up and move away and start families...but true friends always keep in touch!!! In this picture is me, Crystal, Lindsay, & Leah. My sister & I became friends w/these girls 16 years ago and still keep in touch w/them and their families!!
While mom & Natalie were out on a boat ride, me and Crystal took a dip in the lake. It was soooo relaxing and Crystal had such a good time swimming and bringing me "treasures" aka rocks and putting them on my float. She also had a good time entertaining everybody by her cute personality shining brightly!! Here's one of many conversations that took place while we were all out swimming:
Me: Crystal, can you tell Lindsay about the ballgame and the zoo you went to?
Lindsay: oh that sounds like fun...what ballgame did you go to?
Crystal : I didn't go to no (wrinkled nose) stink'n ballgame!
Before we knew it all 20+ people who were out there swimming w/us had all gathered around and was listening to this 3 yr. old and her stories!!

Here is my mom, Crystal, Natalie, & me @ a lookout point by the dam. We made a few stops here and there...but the majority of the time we were @ the campground swimming w/friends!


Here's Crystal @ a rock beach @ Lighthouse landing. The sunset was sooooo beautiful!!!! I was experimenting a little w/the shadowing effecting & sunset. I think it turned out pretty good!!



Here is one of the lighthouses @ the Lighthouse Landing. There was a beach there that mom wanted to go to...but it was a pretty far walk/waddle for me...so we didn't go...maybe next year though!!
I try to think of creative things to do for people and I knew going w/mom to the lake is always a hit! So mom...if you read this...I hope you had a great day (even though we didn't stay the night) and one of these days we'll get you out on the tubes and you can show all the grandchildren just how it's done ;-) Happy 60th Birthday Mom & we all love you!!!
ps...There's still more to come for this year's bday...we're just trying to keep that a surprise until the weekend...and keep in mind the whole weekend is your bday...you'll understand by Sunday afternoon...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment