Thursday, August 13, 2009

Heart Beat = Washer...this is too funny!!

22 weeks...

My friend gave me a little device that you can listen to your baby's heartbeat. It's one like Walmart sells so nothing too fancy. The other day I decided I'd buy batteries and try it out. I went and laid on our bed and got everything hooked up and ready to go. I started listening and heard what I thought @ the time was Clay's heartbeat. I was sooooo excited & thought I'm going to do this everyday...probably every hour!!! So I laid there was just listening away when all of a sudden the heartbeat slowed way down!!!! I started to panic and took the little device off my belly and discovered I could still hear this thumping sound. Needless to say I was really confused. Then it hit me...it was the washing machine I was hearing (I was washing clothes that day). So I put the device back on my belly and sure enough I could hear that washing machine. When the washer changed cycles it slowed down. So the whole time I thought I was hearing Clay's heartbeat...it was the washing machine. Needless to say I was a little disappointed but I knew everything was fine because I could feel him kicking me.

I told Jeremy about it and he kind of laughed @ me and told me I have to tell my Dr. about this one...she'll get a kick out of it! (I always have some kind of story to tell them in there...they say it brightens their day!) I hoping that maybe she'll feel a little sorry for me & go ahead & give me the more advance device...lol!!! We'll see come Monday...8/17 that's my next appointment w/an ultrasound and I can't wait to see this little booger again!! I think he's head up because I have a lot of kicking going on @ my panty line! One good thing is...he's not a moved but a kicker...so God has listened and answered another prayer!!

1 comment: