Saturday, August 29, 2009

Daddy's 1st kicks and our 3 yr old never ceases to amaze me!

24 weeks 6 days...

A couple of days ago Jeremy FINALLY got to feel Clay kick and move!!! We were laying in bed and I could feel Clay doing something w/his feet or hands. So I put Jeremy's hand on my belly and told him to wait a little bit and he's maybe feel him moving. About a min. went by and didn't feel him moving (I was thinking...oh boy...another Mason who's going to play "I'm not going to kick @ you when you want it") then all of a sudden WHAMMMM...a HUGE kick that caught both of us by surprise. I didn't have to ask Jeremy if he felt it...but I did...and he said he did...lol!!! So we laid there for about 10 mins and was feeling Clay move a little and kick some and he was aiming right for Jeremy's hand! We decided it was time to sleep so Jeremy rolled over and I went to my L. side and got another huge kick from Clay. Apparently he wasn't done w/his daddy and wanted more. So Jeremy rolled over and put his hand back on my belly for about 15 mins and Clay was content and just kicked and moved.

I guess Jeremy fell asleep before I did and rolled over to his other side...which meant his hand was no longer on my belly...and Clay didn't like that once again. So he kicked the crap out of me for at least an hour before he finally settled down and decided it was time for him to go to bed too. He's a little stinker!!!!

I'm sooooo glad Jeremy got to feel him because he never did get to feel Mason kick. Mason would be moving and kicking and when Jeremy would put his hand on my belly he would stop and not make a move. But as soon as Jeremy's hand was off...he's go back to kicking and moving. After what happened w/Mason I felt so horrible that Jeremy never got to feel him but Jeremy says it was their game to play :-)

And Clay has also started picking on Crystal a little. The other day she had elbowed me kind of hard in the side (which didn't really hurt me...but thought it would have hurt Clay) and Clay came back throwing his elbows my side (which was the side Crystal was on). He also likes when I read to Crystal. So I'm the book reader when she wants anything read to her.

I've also been working w/her on preschool learning books. She has 6 of them and we've now completed 3 and she FLIES through them. Needless to say...I don't think she need preschool. Anyways...yesterday I had to jump in the shower real quick. So I put one of her tv shows on, gave her one of the preschool books and a crayon and told her I'd be really quick and she could color me something. Get out of the shower and she's still sitting there...doing something w/her book so I go back and finish getting ready. She comes in and shows me a few pages she did all by herself. She had to count the items in a picture & then write the # off to the side. I could tell the 1's, 2's & kind of the 3's and then the 4's were huge...but you could kind of tell what they were...then where a 5 was suppose to go...she drew 5 dots. I asked her why she didn't draw the #5 and she said she couldn't remember how to do it...so she just drew 5 dots. I'm so glad her little mind it's a one-way street...lol!!!! I was shocked, surprised, but glad she figured that out. So once we've completed the preschool books...I guess we'll start on kindergarten books!!!

Life is soooo good right now...I'll just leave it at that :-)

1 comment:

  1. how fun (about the kicks!) and way to go crystal on your pre-school books :)

    ReplyDelete