Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's in a Middle Name?

23 weeks 4 days...

As you all know we have "Clay" picked out for our baby's 1st name. We've been throwing around some ideas for his middle name and are kind of stuck. We've got a few picked out...but it kind of a hard decision to either name him after somebody or let his name be original like Crystal's.

So 1st off...Crystal isn't named after anybody and we picked names that nobody in our family had. I do have a cousin named Brooke...but Crystal's name meaning go together. Mason's name was the same. The name meanings didn't match...but Mason is related to being outdoors (a brand of duck decoys) and Wyatt sounded like a western name. Now we've got Clay...which is the outdoor thing. So our decisions for his middle name are: Meyer (which means farmer and it's another original name), Bryant (haven't looked the meaning up but if we go w/this then him and Crystal will have CBL as their initials which I think is cool) or Mason (obviously being named after the person who is the reason why he is here). SEE...there is some tough decisions here!!! I'm trying to go w/my heart says...which part of it's saying Mason (for obvious reasons) but the other part is saying the other 2 names.

I know I've got a little while to decide...but do you realize how fast time flies by? Plus I'd like to get some things personalized for him...which I know I can do after he's here and his middle name is official...but it's just something I've been thinking about.

So ANY input would be nice. Maybe we'll just talk to him and see which name he likes by his kicking...lol! We haven't asked Crystal for any advice on this (she did finalize his 1st name for us) because I know without a doubt what she'll pick. I don't know if that would be confusing for her to have his middle name be Mason because she might think he's suppose to be Mason.

Other than that...pretty much everything else has been going good. I finally got Clay's room cleaned & straightened up. It's looking pretty good. I'll put some pics on here sometime. We are looking for a sign w/Clay to put up in his room. We have signs for Crystal & Mason...so we are on the hunt for one. I've been checking ebay and so far nothing...at least not in my price range! We need to go to Bass Pro in Clarksville, IN because they have a good selection and see what I can find. I have some stuff packed in his diaper bag but I need to have his name added to it (you'll understand when you see it). Getting all this stuff done is soooooooooo exciting. I'm still nervous and anxious...but right now the excitement is over-coming that. Oh...Monday is a big shopping day...I'm going to Nashville, TN w/Jeremy's mom and sister. There is the huge mall w/Oshkosh and Carter's. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. i wish i would of known you were going to osh kosh and carters b/c i just got coupons in the mail for those two stores for this week!

    i like all the middle name choices!

    ReplyDelete