Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jeremy...the Snake Slayer!

13 weeks 3 days...

The other day my husband had to rescue my mom from a huge snake that was trying to get into their home. Here's how the story goes...

My mom says all out of breathe saying "Kali...tell Jeremy to get his gun and get down there now!" Without me getting to ask any questions she hung up. So I informed Jeremy of what my mom had called about and probably needed to get down there and see what's going on. Now for those of you who saw on my myspace and facebook account...this was the same day I had a massive headache. I wasn't going to go down w/Jeremy but Crystal wanted to go so I decided that since Jeremy was probably going to be shooting something I better go.

So we rode the 4wheeler down. We pull up and I see my mom w/a shovel and was standing on the back step of their porch. Underneath the shovel...I HUGE black snake that was VERY pissed! She said she walked up and saw it slithering under the house and grabbed it's tail and pulled it out and then got the shovel to try to hold it down. And either because the shovel was very dull or this huge snake's skin was too tough...she couldn't kill it w/the shovel.

So Jeremy goes over and takes control of things. He moves the shovel around a little to try to find the snakes tail. Once he found it, he grabbed it and threw it into the yard and just like a cowboy on an old western...he pulled out his pistol and shot it. This snake wasn't giving up just yet though. It actually tried to get away! I don't know how it was doing this because it had a huge hole through it's stomach! So Jeremy picked it back up, threw it in a different spot (more away from the house and us) and shot it again....in the head...and threw brain matter onto my shirt!!! I started freaking out!! It was sooooo gross and definitely not something I wanted to see on my shirt! So I went into mom and dad's & cleaned it off. I came back out and they were all laughing at me because 1st I had this huge headache, my stomach was already on edge from not being able to eat supper and now I had snake brains just splattered all over my shirt.

So after knowing the snake was for sure dead I let Crystal pet the tail and then we measured it. It was a little over 5 ft long and very thick through the stomach area. The worst part was this thing was making it's way under my mom and dad's house!!!

So Jeremy saved the day for my mom and hopefully there are no more snakes under their house!

1 comment:

  1. ewww! ryan had to shoot a snake at our house last summer !

    ReplyDelete