Thursday, June 25, 2009

15 week appointment

15 weeks 3 days...

So today was my 15 week appointment. Every time I have a doctor's app. I always try to tell myself "everything is going to be ok and it's all going to be good news". Well it seems the more I tell myself that the more nervous I get. I am perfectly fine between visits...but on my app. days I am a nervous wreck!! This time it showed in my BP. Normally my BP is 112-116/60 but today it was 128/52. They said they could tell it was anxiety because my bottom # was so low. I told the nurse if she checked my BP after listening to the baby's HR it would be normal. Either way she said they would keep on eye on it.

My doctor did a fast ultrasound so I could see the baby. It was head up w/it's little feel right there on my bladder. I told Jeremy that explains why I've been up 6 times a night to pee!!! And those little kicks I was feeling probably was true kicks...so I'm really excited about that! It kind of waved @ us and moved it's legs around but for the most part was pretty laid back. I'm glad it's more relaxed and not jumping around like Mason did. I just hope it isn't too laid back. It's HR was 165 BPM and was nice and strong. I had to have some blood work done to check my thyroid. I will know more about that today probably because my medicine is about to run out. Other than that...it was a great appointment! Our next appointment is scheduled for July 20th and that when we hope to find out what this little booger is!! Jeremy & I don't care as long as it's healthy and gets here. I've had people ask me if I can tell what it is...and honestly I can't because it's got a little bit of Crystal, a little bit of Mason and then a whole lot of it's own. So it will be a true surprise to us. Jeremy says he thinks he knows what it is (a girl) and Crystal says it's a baby sister for her! My doctor also said @ the beginning of my 3rd trimester she'll start doing lots more ultrasounds and non-stress test.

So mark it down on 7/20 we'll hopefully find out and I hope to have another great doctor appointment.

Please keep praying for us because w/every appointment comes a little more anxiety and nerves. I'm trying to stay calm and positive but after going through what we have...it's sooo hard. I know God and Mason is watching over this baby and me so that helps me. And it also helps seeing how healthy Crystal was and that Mason was perfectly healthy...just too active. At least I know he was having fun in there :-)

That's it for now. Back to swimming and trying to stay comfortable. Thank God my mom and dad live right down the road and has a pool!!

1 comment:

  1. good to hear all about your great appointment. i've already been checking my bp like 10 times a day! i think i'm going to get an automatic one like they have at the hospital and just roll it around w/ me. haha totally j/k but that would be kind of nice!

    i can't wait to find out what you're having!! and i'll def. continue praying!

    ReplyDelete