Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Labor Day Weekend!

26 weeks 2 day...

We had a pretty good Labor Day this year. The weather wasn't too hot (which is good for pregnant and swelling people like myself :-)

We got to start our Labor Day weekend a little early cause Toyota didn't work on Friday. So...Thursday night was a pretty fun night...it was movie night! Friday we all slept in and Jeremy & Crystal made pancakes. Friday morning we watched "Wizard of Oz" (Crystal is going to be Dorothy for Halloween so she needed to know who Dorothy was). She really liked the movie and is really excited about Halloween now!! Jeremy got my fall decor done and I decorated the house all in fall!!

Saturday we decided to go on a road trip and went to Marengo Cave. We all had free tickets so the trip only costs us the gas. Crystal really liked going into the caves and I could tell she was taking it all in. We walked a total of 1.25 miles of caves and thank goodness the caves temps were only 52 degrees!!! I hadn't been in a cave since our honeymoon...so it was still really neat to do that.

Crystal wanted me to take a pic on this...I forgot what they called it exactly...but they spiral down...it's really neat!
Here she is panning for jewels...she found some and thought it was really cool!

Here is Crystal and daddy walking through a portion of the cave. I didn't take a lot of pics in there because of the darkness plus I wanted to stay w/Jeremy cause the floors were uneven and I didn't want to fall.


Going up to level 1 of the cave



Before we went in she found this spot and said "Mommy...take my picture!" I did and it turned out sooooo cute!!!
After the caves we went to Bass Pro. We got Crystal and Clay both wildlife animals and us a hooded sweatshirt. We eat @ Famous Dave's BBQ and I had a HUGE chicken salad...it was soooo good...but not as good as the bread pudding w/ice cream!!! Clay LOVED it!
Sunday started out ok...the middle was BAD...the end was good. The date was 9/6...10 months since we lost Mason and only 2 months away from the year anniversary. The closer to Nov. we get the more anxious and nervous I get about how I will come Nov. and worried about Clay being healthy and making it here safe. I don't want to wish away the time between now and Dec. but I just pray that everything stays going good and come Christmas we'll have Clay to celebrate and open presents with!
Sunday night we all slept in the camper and had a camp out. Crystal slept really good but the thunderstorm woke me and Jeremy up.
Monday morning we woke up early and headed to Princeton for the Labor Day parade. Crystal got LOTS AND LOTS of candy!! She was worn out after the parade and ready for a nap...lol! We went to the railroad's picnic @ the park and she played for awhile and was ready to go home and take that nap. Later that day we went driving around and ended up @ the river and visited w/some friends.
Hope everybody else had a good Labor Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment