Monday, September 14, 2009

27 week appointment

27 weeks 1 day...

Today I had a doctor's appointment and I'm glad to say that everything went really good. I had to give some blood to check my sugar, thyroid, and other things and I'm guessing that is all good cause I haven't had any phone calls saying something was wrong.

At my last appointment my doctor told me to bring in my little heart monitor that a friend has let me borrow and see if she could get it to work. So I brought that w/me. My visit w/the nurse went good. My BP was 104/44 (which I thought was low) but she said it was good...they like them low. So far I've only gained 12 lbs. too (which I thought I had gained more close to 20lbs!) So all of that was good news. Of course I had lots of questions about the flu shots and the H1N1 shot. She gave me some papers about both and I've been looking over them. She said the shots aren't really for me...but to give the baby antibodies for after he's born. I don't know what to do. Part of me is telling me not to and the other is telling me to. It was helpful knowing that pregnant woman get a different kind of flu shot from others and it won't actually make you sick. Basically is sounded to me that the shot for pregnant woman was just full of antibodies because our bodies can't produce antibodies at the rapid speed they need to compared to somebody who isn't pregnant. I don't think I'll get the seasonal flu shot...but I'm 1/2 way considering getting the H1N1...and if I get it...Crystal is going to get it too. I only see it fair that if I'm helping one child out to do the same for the other. Plus the nurse told me what type of shot to ask for for Crystal. I just want to do the right thing and keep my kids safe and not to have anything happen...I don't think I could handle loosing another baby.

So anyways...back on track...I got put in the room w/the ultrasound machine...so YAY...I got to see our little kicker!!! At 1st he was head up, right in my right ribs w/his feet up there too kicking away. He was all curled up in a little ball and kind of looked funny. Dr. Ramsey got on his HR which was 150bpm. She took the doppler off and put the thing I brought on. Of course it would have been less confusing if I had plugged the headphones into the little part that picks up the noise...lol!!! (It's never a dull moment when I'm in the office...LOL!!!) So finally my brains kicked in and got everything hooked up right and tried to find his HR. Couldn't find it so she went back to the ultrasound and that little booger was in the process of flipping!!! His head was already over to my left side and his feet her sticking through the right side. Of course he was on his belly (his favorite position) so we didn't get a look @ his profile. He was high-tailing to get back to head down because by the time we got into the truck I could already feel his head was down and my waist band on my shorts were bothering him. So needless to say...DON'T spend your $$$ on those things because as my doctor put it..."they are a piece of POS and the company needs to be sued!" I didn't get her doppler. She said we'll do a few tests and depending on how my nerves and anxiety are we'll see when/if I get one. I'm alright w/that because Clay is on a kicking schedule...Mason wasn't and just moved constantly. Plus Clay will respond to sugar and Jeremy's hand on my belly.

Dr. Ramsey said from what she could tell he was doing good and I go back to see her 9/28. I'll have an ultrasound @ 10am and then to see her afterwards. They are going to check his weight...so I'm really anxious to see his little chubby cheeks again!!! After my 9/28 appointment I will go every week until I have him. They'll do ultrasounds and non-stress test to keep an eye on him.

I just pray that everything turns out good this time. Crystal told me the other day that "I'm telling you what...Clay isn't going to heaven...we need a baby here!!" Just when you think they don't fully know or understand...something like that is said. I love her to pieces and I pray and hope she gets her dream come true of being able to hold and play w/her baby brother.

We did talk to our pastor the other Sunday. We are kind of planning Clay's dedication and trying to get things lined out for that. The neat thing is Jeremy's dad is going to do it @ our church and we think it'll be Dec. 20th. I'll talk more about that later cause the whole situation w/that is so neat all around!!

So please continue to pray for Clay and the rest of us. So far the prayers are working but until he's here we won't be out of the woods for this chapter of our lives. Thanks for everybody's thoughts and prayers!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so nervous about whether to get the h1n1 too. b always has to get a regular flu shot b/c of his asthma... but it just makes me so nervous to do the other one... i'm just like you, part of me says yes and the other part says no. i just want to do what's best for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete