Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here's what we've been doing...

Where does time go?? That's all I want to know because it seems like every week the days go a little faster. Oh well...as long as your having fun...that's all that matters!

We've had such a busy week. We finally sold our river camp and finalized that deal. I'll miss it...but now we can take the camper places instead of leaving it @ the river the whole summer. I'm really looking forward to going camping and boating. I thought last year Crystal was at a good age...but this year...there is no stopping that child! She's really excited about going too and can't wait!

We finally got to mow our grass!!! Some people probably think we are crazy for being excited to do that...but I love to mow grass. It's kind of relaxing in a way. I'm crazy...but I love it!! Once we get a rain-free day...I've got my weed/grass killer and I'm going after all my problem areas.

I got a new dishwasher this week too. Our other one started having all kinds of stuff going wrong...so instead of messing w/it (it was 10 yrs. old) we decided just to get a new one. I haven't used it...I only try to run it once a week...but I'm excited to see how it works.

Thursday... me, Crystal, and Kelly went to Evansville and got Crystal's Easter dress. It's sooo pretty!! Crystal picked it out too. AND I know I've got a little shopper on my hands when after trying on a couple of dresses she says "Mommy...I like this one...but let's try on 10 more dresses!!" Not kidding...she LOVES trying on clothes...so I might have just created my little shopping buddy!!! She looked soooo cute in all of them that I couldn't decide...so I let her pick out her favorite. I'll take pics this week and post them. Then on the way home we stopped and picked out Crystal's Easter basket surprise. She's going to LOVE it!!!! Luckly she was asleep and didn't even know anything about it. I can't wait to see the look on her face Easter morning!

What else?? Oh on Saturday...that was a really busy day for us. 1st...we went to Toyota's Easter egg hunt. Crystal had a blast!!! They had things they could jump in and games to play...it wore her out!!! I got my first real sunburn...and it kind of hurts...ouch! Then we went to pick up our new truck! It's sooooo pretty!!! It's a 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab 4x4. It's midnight blue metalic and soooooo awesome!!! Now we have some pulling power and can take the camper anywhere we want! It's got Onstar free for 1 yr and it has XM radio. Setting up our Onstar was something because I've never messed w/something like that before. AND...we can make phone calls from our truck. How AWESOME is that!!! We only have 30 mins. and then that feature expairs unless we sign up for it. Oh...and did I mention we got a really good deal on it!!! Not many people can buy a new truck and get a lower payment and lower the insurance...but we sure did. I'm really excited about it. The only bad thing is the 4wheeler won't fit into the bed... :-( so that means we are in the market for a hauling trailer.
Then Sat. night we went to my sister's for about an hour. She was having a small fire and cookout. The kids got to play and entertain.

On Sunday we went to church and then got to see our nephews, Grant & Gabe. They get soooo big when you only get to see them once a week. Today Grant was my buddy. He'd just lay back in my arms and stare and then smile really big. Probably trying to figure me out...which his uncle Jeremy told him good luck on that...haha!!

That's about it for now...I'll post some pics later of our truck. It's nice and cozy in the barn...didn't want to get it wet yet...lol!

1 comment:

  1. HAh! I would love to get a new dishwasher, to me that would be exciting. ours is 19 years old.lol our dishes are all foggy. ew. dont worry I love to mow also. I just mow and think about everything going on, and i dont have to talk to anyone and i feel so relaxed.

    ReplyDelete