Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We are still here...

Clay talking to his dog...looks like a pretty serious conversation!
Mommy's happy & smiling boy in the morning :-)

Clay's 1st time in the snow...which lasted about 2 mins


Mine & Jeremy's Valentine's Day dates. We went to BWW & watched the UK vs TN game. It was a late night but the kids did really good!



Clay & his sissy watching M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E! He loves watching that...esp w/his sis!




Sorry it's been a little while since I've updated. It seems like when I get a free moment...it quickly gets interrupted by the laundry, dishes, a phone call, exercise...you get the point...lol!
Things have been good since I last updated...except for the kids having a cold...which I hate for both of them but especially Clay. Good thing is that it's just a cold and he didn't have to see the doctor and he is getting better!!! Crystal got over it in 5 days and Clay's had it for almost a week...but like I said he's getting better!!!
I can't believe next week my little man is going to be 3 months old!!! Time has flown and feels like just yesterday I was making 3 trips to Evansville a week!! Now we stay @ home as much as possible and I enjoy every second I get w/him and Crystal :-) Have I ever mentioned that being a mommy is tough and challenging...but nothing has a better reward than being a mommy :-)

So what has Clay been up too??? Well...he LOVES being talked to and smiled at. He'll talk back and smile @ you now and I could sit there and do that all day long!! Probably why nothing gets done around the house...lol! He loves to be held and LOVES TO SNUGGLE!!!!! I LOVE that part about him :-) His hair is getting a little bit of a red tint to it...but I think it's going to be dark. His eyes have us confused though. He wakes up in the morning and they are blue. Then midday they have turned to almost a green color and by night they are a slate blue. He's our kind of kid...camo eyes...lol!!!! He's still nursing but also taking formula too...I don't produce enough milk so I've got to supplement. My goal was 3 months and I think I'm going to make it! I'll probably go a couple of wks longer just to make sure we ge through RSV and flu season. For about 1 1/2 wks he's been sleeping from 9pm-6am...so I'm finally getting a full nights of rest...ahhhhh :-) He's still in 0-3 month clothes...but not for long.

He's been out in public and does really good. He doesn't care too much for his carseat. In fact if he's in it...the truck better be moving or he's not happy. He still love to sleep on his belly and has to have the back of his head touching the side of the bassinet. I guess makes him feel like he's being held (he's not spoiled...lol!) The past couple of weeks he's been eating about a tablespoon full of yogurt and LOVES it!! I eat a cup everyday for lunch and he's right up there w/me chopping his mouth and whaling those arms until I give him a little. He chuckled for the 1st time on my bday...what a WONDERFUL bday present!!! Yes I cried like a little baby because just see him smile, hear his voice, and now hear him laugh is a beautiful sound!

There are alot of things I've learned to do one handed now! Typing is the biggest one but I can do dishes one handed, fix supper, do laundry, kind of fold the clothes (that's a tricky one and usually he likes laying on the bed and watching), exercising. It's getting a little better because when I put him in his bouncy seat he likes to try to hit the animals hanging down. Plus between Crystal and Chase (our dog) they keep him entertained for a short while.

Well...hope you enjoy the pics and I'll update later. He's on my lap and ready to eat...which requires to hands. But that ok cause that's me & him time :-)

1 comment:

  1. he is such a cutie! getting big too! i'm enjoying not having to go to evansville all the time too! :)

    ReplyDelete